MEM is upcycled and it means all material (excluding some components) are collected from post consumer textile waste flow by Finnish red cross (SPR KONTTI VANTAA) and printed parts come from Kokkotyö-Säätiö.
Through the years of working with recycling centers and new kind of production methods we got to know what kind of cycle of material flow there is in textile -and clothes waste.
By taking in all the information there was available, we started to map the basic shapes of pieces we could get out of the textile and material flow. In the existing form lies the base for the upcycle design we create in MEM.
Right now the material from our production comes from Finnish red cross (one the biggest recycler in Finland). MEM is made and sold only in Finland. Every MEM piece is made by order, but all the pieces are made so that they can be also serial produced.
I D E A L P R O D U C T I O N M E T H O D
1. Testing and creating a form / draping tests- Creating rough test pieces
– Creating the test piece straight from the postconsumer waste from what it´s made. From there we get the information how the Item should be cut to pieces for further production and we can also move the old form partly or totaly to this new creation.
2. Rough patterns
3. Fittings for test pieces
4. Test piece corrections + rough pattern corrections
5. Sample piece production
6. Fittings for sample pieces
7. Pattern correction & completion
8. Shoots for Lookbook and Editorials
9. 1st pieces in different sizes
10. “Testdrive” (all product are tested on how they work in use to be make sure that there are no technical issues)
11. Bottom stock (1 piece per each size)
12. Gathering all full production files
13. Production for orderpiece stock (+1 of each size for covering sells)
14. Release show / press night (can be also earlier)
15. Sales & marketing
16. Production for orders by retailers and customers.
* * * HERE seen: MEM REVOLT COLLECTION LOOKBOOK (2017)